Tuesday, May 5, 2015

REAL SHIT FROM A REAL BLOGGA


Wussup y'all, I gotta write this shit fast cause I'm on my break right now.  Got this job guarding a sausage factory, it's pretty cool and I don't wanna fuck it up like I always do.  I get to eat all the sausage I want!  My clothes aren't too bloody when I come home, and pig blood isn't that hard to get out of upholstery if you don't let it clot.  I have a sneaking suspicion the sausage factory is a front for some devious activity, but who am I to judge?  Righteousness never paid the bills.  Here we go, y'all!

1.  Every year has its standout rap lyric.  It's not the best lyric, just the one that sums up "the times" or whatever.  Last year it was "I been sellin' crack since like the fifth grade" from Bobby Shmurda's "Hot N-Word," and the year before that it was Rick Ross's Darren Sharper/Bill Cosby shoutouts on "U.O.E.N.O."  This year's contender is "Remember when you had to take the bar exam, I drove in the snow for you?" from "How Bout Now," because it is the Drakiest lyric ever, and 2015 is the Year Of The Drake (Pt. II).

2.  Speaking of Drake, I read the Ernest Baker piece that 'pposedly set the Innanet on fiyah.  I'ma take a bold stance and say it's pretty a'ight.

3.   If we talkin 'bout gonzo journalism, FrankieThaLuckyDog is the god of this shit.  He reviewed P.I.R.'s Who I Are mixtape embedded in an abandoned psychiatric facility in upstate New York, and wrote what is probably the Blog Line Of The Year: “‘Bout” quite a bit on tha 1st verse, ya feel me? I’m “‘bout” abandoned psychiatric centers; how “‘bout” dat?

4.  Not to get all Charles Murray on ya ass, but could it be that white ppl have a genetic predisposition for archiving the shit out of shit?  This dude Eric Brightwell seems to be a nerdy menswear enthusiast from Iowa, but his writing on New Orleans rap is invaluable.

5.  Finally getting into the White Gzus joint that dropped this year.  It's such a traditional mid/late-'90s style rap record that I'm starting to feel like Yung Methuselah up in this mu'fuh.  If they ever release new music, I hope it doesn't fall into Freddie Gibbs/Big K.R.I.T.-style hero worship.  For now, tho, I wish I had a 'Lac to bump this shit in.  Big ups to David Drake, whose review brought this disque into my life.

This post ended up bein long as fuck and cut into my meal time, so I'm runnin back to the factory stuffing sausages in my mouth.  LMAO, sausage game crazy!

5 comments:

  1. That first White Gzus thingymebob is worth checking too.

    DJ B Real can't stop Frankie's shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most underrated blogger in the damn game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx 4 posting about me! That review I did for P.I.R. was fun, despite having to be quiet tha whole entire time! And yeah, DJ B-Real blocking me may affect me, but not ONE month goes by without a blog post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stay reading your shit, Frankie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx! It's been rough keeping up, but I make sure I do!

    ReplyDelete